Sunday, March 2, 2014

How the auther built suspens

The way the author built suspense in the book Divergent is by putting the main character Tris in many dire situations where it would leave the reader wondering what will happen next. One situation where this happens is at the beginning of the book when Tris had to take the aptitude test that will decide what faction she would go into. "The dog turns. Instead of growling, t barks and snarls and snaps, and its muscles bunch up like coiled wire. About to pounce. I don't think, I just hurl my body on top of the dog, wrapping my arms around its thick neck,"(Pg. 16). At this moment when I was reading the book I didn't know what was going to happen and it made me so interested that it was impossible for me to stop reading. Also later on in the book when other suspenseful parts come up I am totally inhanst into the story that it is difficult for me to stop reading and with all of this I think it helps the story be a bit more exiting.   

No comments:

Post a Comment